Monday, August 31, 2015

Fwd: It Ain't Always Peaches and Cream....




What a week. I'm just going to be real, this week was not all peaches and cream. It was rough, tough and hard. It was one of the longest weeks of my life. The days felt long and and nights were short and I never thought it was going to end.  We taught so many lessons and it was amazing, but everything seemed to fall through. Satan did a number on us this week. I hate that guy. 

All week we made plans and then, at least once in the day, the plans would fall through or need to be rearranged or something would happen and then our backups didn't works either! I felt like the world was caving in on me. Like I said, hard week! But, through all of it, I learned so many great lessons. 1. Enduring to the end, yeah, that is a real thing and it's really hard. 2. Patience is the key to success. It will all work out it God's own due time! 

We taught Teresa and she almost dropped us, but we saved the lesson and her soul and set a bap date. Clearly, the purpose of our visits had never been explained (or it was 8 months ago and she forgot) but she sat us down and asked why we were coming over. Oops. That was bad. We talked with her, finally clarified the priesthood and then set a baptismal date with her! She also read the entire conference ensign in one night. Teresa is incredible! She wants to learn and is well on her way to the truth! We were also able to go over and teach billy and he is doing so well! He is tackling his word of wisdom problems and excited to be baptized! Billy is so RAD!

I was able to give the training to the missionaries in the district this week at district meeting.  It was pretty cool! I didn't know what I would be training on until Friday morning, but the revelation came! (district meeting is Friday at 11am....haha just in the nick of time!) I thought I wouldn't have enough material, but I ended up having too much! It was a great training and I learned so much from teaching!  I trained on asking heaven sent questions and listening to our investigators needs to help resolve concerns they might not share with us.  It was interesting to see how that training applied to us just a day later!

Sunday was the hardest day because everyone bailed on coming to church except one person, Patsy.  She showed me that church is important.  She had just rolled out of bed, got ready in 5 minutes and made it to church.  If she can do it, we can too! She showed me true effort and the importance of keeping her word! :) I love Patsy so much (and her kids are my favorite!)!

After the trial of your faith comes the miracle.  Even though this week was extremely hard, we still saw tender mercies and blessings. (like when we were walking down the street and a guy gave us an ice cream sandwich for free, or when Patsy came to church!) God truly is in the details of our lives! I learned so much. I got to feel a little bit of what my savior felt when people rejected him. I got to feel his sorrow and anguish. It is temporary, but it will be worth it to see one soul be saved in the kingdom of God! The joy from the triumphs well outweighs the anguish and sorrow felt when people reject this glad message. 

I love this work so much, even when it is frustrating and I want to give up. It is still so worth it! Enduring to the end is worth it! I KNOW that this is the TRUE church. I know that it is headed by Jesus Christ and I know that He is my Savior and Redeemer.  That is what keeps me going.  I know He loves me and He loves each and every one of us all so much!

Love yall so much! 
Sister Hannah

pictures:
moon pie ice cream sandwich.  greatest thing ever.


Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment