Monday, November 9, 2015

Fwd: Another 6 weeks makes 6 months in Somerset!

Transfer calls ended this week and even though we both knew what would happen because Sister Schultz is still in training, they were still nerve wracking! 3/5 companionships in the district are getting changed up! Sad! We had such a tight district! I am going to miss these stellar missionaries, but I know that they are going where the Lord needs them! Sister Schultz and I are blessed to stay in Somerset and the Liberty District for another transfer! :) I have been here for 6 months now and I love the deep south! The Baptist belt is hard, but so rewarding!

This week was a harder week. I wasn't feeling up to par and we had a lot of trials, but through it all we were continually blessed!

We were able to meet a young man named Jonathan.  He is the miracle of the week.  We were trying an investigator who is flaky and he answered the door.  We have seen him before in passing but have never had the opportunity to stop him and talk to him.  It literally fell into our hands! We all sat down and briefly talked about the restoration and what makes us different and then set a return appointment.  The next day, the lesson went SO WELL. He loved the message and how it is family centered.  We brought Chayanne who bore powerful testimony and he committed to read, pray, come to church and to be baptized! It was so awesome and the spirit was so incredible!

We were able to travel up to Lexington for Zone Meeting and it was so low key compared to the last few times we have been in Lexington.  It was just our zone. Blessings! We were trained on how to HELP members talk to their friends about the gospel, repentance and setting the tone with our investigators.  All of these trainings were amazing and exactly what I needed to hear! They got me excited to come back to my area and get the ball rolling!!

Sunday was a very spiritual day! At church, he spirit was so strong and brother Burgess from the high council came down to train Brother Working, the branch mission leader, on some initiatives from the stake.  It was a direct answer to all of our prayers! We have been bouncing back and forth ideas of how to help our little-big branch grow and this was it! It is it! We are excited to get it going and see an increase of membership and attendance! I love working with these members in this incredible branch! I seriously never want to leave! I love Somerset so much!

Some cool things that strengthened my testimony during my studies this week!

In the New Testament, the people in Samaria were baptized! They entered into the glorious waters of baptism and into a covenant with God.  THEN after they were baptized by water, they had the Holy Ghost conferred upon them by those in authority, PETER AND JOHN, after their baptism, by the laying on of hands.  As I read this, I recognized the truthfullss of the confirmation portion of the baptism ordinance.  We must receive the gift of the holy ghost, through the laying on of hands, by someone in authority. There it is, plain and simple! We have that authority and we have that power! :)
Acts 8:12-17

 12 But when they believed Philip preaching‍ the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name‍ of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.

 13 Then Simon himself believed also: and when he was baptized, he continued with Philip, and wondered, beholding the miracles and signs which were done.

 14 Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word‍ of God, they sent unto them Peter and John:

 15 Who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost:

 16 (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.)

 17 Then laid‍ they their‍ hands on them, and they received the Holy Ghost.

And another awesome talk from Elder Bednar that really mad me think! I love Elder Bednar!

here is the link if the one above doesn't work!

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2006/04/that-we-may-always-have-his-spirit-to-be-with-us?lang=eng

Kentucky is amazing. The people are wonderful and I continue to be in awe at how incredible this world is.  God is good. He is real. He is there.  He answers prayers.  Jesus Christ is His Son and our Savior. I know these things to be true and I am so beyond grateful to have this opportunity to serve my Lord and Savior! When the going gets hard, I remember He didn't give up, so why should I? We will all win this battle together! :)


Much love from the GKLM,

Sister Hannah


Picutres:

No comments:

Post a Comment