Monday, March 21, 2016

Shocked and Surprised!

Hello!

Well it was a week! Craziness never ends! There is always something.
Missionary work is the best thing that I have ever done!

I was blessed to go to the cute town of Paris, Ky this week! We went
on another exchange with Hermana Laub and Hermana Linares. It was much
needed! Hmn Linares is fresh out of training and training hmn Laub!
They both are kinda lost. It was a really effective exchange though!
We helped them to get the ball rolling! I was with Hermana Linares in
Paris and we had a blast! I met some amazing people and we had a weird
interaction with a hard core anti baptist kid. He ended up listening
to us and we taught him the restoration on the sidewalk. He ended up
agreeing to let the English speaking elders come over and teach him
more! Success! :) I love missionary work!

We met with our investigators, Greg and Chritsial on Wednesday. It was
a powerful lesson! We walked in and they had a friend there. They told
us that they want her to hear the gospel because it has already helped
them so much. Christian proceeds to ask for a copy of the Book of
Mormon for KK. She gives her the book and turns open to the testimony
of the prophet Joseph smith and tells her to read it. When KK was done
was looks at her and asked "so how did it make you feel?" WHAT. That
is my question! I sat there dumbfounded. Just in shock. These two
people are seriously incredible! Then on Friday, We shared with them
the gospel of Jesus Christ that has been laid out for us to follow and
obey. They both recognized that by living the gospel they would be
blessed immensely and it would be worth giving up all of the things
holding them back! They feel already, before we even teach them, that
they are making mistakes and need to correct them to be in line with
God's commandments! Chritsial told us she would need a ride to church
because Greg had to work. We prayed really hard that he would be able
to get off or have something happen so he could make it to church and
on Saturday night we got a text "we won't need a ride! Gregs schedule
got switched and he works the afternoon so he can come to church!"
Miracles are happening! It is so amazing to see their progression!
They are so prepared and are taking the restored gospel with Stride!
Please pray that they will continue along the right path!

On Friday I had a really cool experience. We were out biking and
talking with everyone and sister Resendez went to talk to a guy a
little ways up the road and I stopped to talk to a woman on her porch.
I didn't realize that sister Resendez had gone up the road when I
started talking to this woman. I felt someone behind me, supporting me
and encouraging me, and I thought it was just sister Resendez. As I
turned to leave after talking with this woman, I realized no one was
behind me. I know that there was someone and that they were
encouraging me and giving me moral support. We have more help from
beyond the veil. I know it! This work is truly eternal! :)

Saturday was probably the craziest day of my life. Sister Resendez was
on edge all morning because it was transfer calls. I knew I would be
staying because I have only been here two transfers... And we get a
call from president. My heart sank. I don't want to leave sister
Resendez, I don't want her to leave! We answered with shaky voices and
president said: "hi sister Resendez, is your companion, sister hannah,
there?" The tables turned. Uh oh. Why does he want to talk to me?
Well, because I'm getting transferred. :( I'm going to Brookside in
Lousiville! I was devastated and completely shocked. I wasn't
expecting it, but I know that the Lord has more in store for me. It
will all work out! :) I have faith that it will be alright, but it
just sucks to be leaving Winchester and sister Resendez! Soon, we will
get to hang out again and party it up in Idaho! So after all of that
craziness I went to the doctor and was told I have h-pylori too! The
same thing that sister Resendez has! So that was insane.

Anyway, all will be well! I know that the Lord is in control of
everything and there is work for me to do in Louisville! It has been
such a blessing to serve in Winchester with sister Resendez and I know
we were meant to be here together for these two transfers! The church
is true, the book is blue!

So much love,
sister hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment