Monday, May 2, 2016

Au Revoir Louisville; Adios Kentucky!

Well. This week was flipped upside down on Saturday. It was a great
week. It has been a great transfer. I'm headed out though. After six
short weeks in Louisville, it is time to pack up (I'm not even
unpacked yet!) again and ship out. To Mt. Vernon, Indiana I go!
Au Revoir Louisville; Adios Kentucky! It has been a wonderful and
glorious 15 months. I assume I will spend my last three months in
Indiana, but I'm not going to get comfortable. Haha.

We taught a lot of amazing lessons this week. We got to see brother
Chad and sister heather and sister Hutcherson a lot. We taught them
about the importance of baptism and Heather is now working towards a
baptismal date! I am seriously so excited for her! Brother Chad will
follow along soon. He is coming! On Friday it was sister Holt's 22nd
birthday and we went to ocharleys to celebrate! They clumped my
birthday in there too! It was a blast! I love this family so much,
they truly are my family!

I was also blessed to go on exchange win sister Jensen in Paoli,
Indiana! It was reminiscent of somerset. My heart was at home. I miss
the country so much, I really do. I am grateful to be going back! :) I
will miss Louisville, but it will be a nice change of pace again!
Sister Jensen is seriously incredible. I took her spot here in
Brookside. She is a fireball powerful missionary!

We saw some sweet miracles this week! On Tuesday we had a bunch of set
appointments. Every single one of them fell through. But as we walked
away from the door we were supposed to be at, someone was placed in
our path who either we taught right there on the spot or gave us a
referral for someone who we would teach on the spot. We were able to
hit our goal of three other lessons taught that night. Blessings of
the Lord!

I love this work and am excited to continue it in Indiana!

So much love from then GKLM,
Sister Hannah

Highlights from Louisville:

-I ate 1/2 an apple pie with sister holt for dinner one night. It was
a rough day. It was a liberating experience. Also a first.
-we got a really flat tire and a random man changed it for us.
-Beverly Robinson and organic food.
-we saw Churchill downs and the Louisville slugger museum
-we talked to over 800 people!
-the hutcherson gang!

No comments:

Post a Comment