Monday, December 29, 2014

So Much Love

Yesterday I had the opportunity to speak in church for the last time before I leave for Kentucky.  I was overwhelmed, stressed and anxious to give this talk because for the first time in my life, I did not write my talk out.  I wrote down some bullet points I wanted to speak on at 1am on Saturday night and prayed that the spirit would be with me as I spoke, not only in my homeward, but in my singles ward as well!

I was immensely blessed.  I was surrounded by many many family, friends and loved ones.  I was overjoyed at the love I felt from all of them as they sat in the congregation to support me.  The meeting was incredibly wonderful and spiritual.  The hymns were my three favorite hymns; I Know That My Redeemer Lives, I Stand All Amazed, and Called to Serve. The musical number was breathtakingly beautiful.  It also happened to be my favorite Christmas song, O Holy Night.  I was the last to speak, which I was grateful for, but at the same time I had a lot more I wanted to say! I was trying to hold myself together during the musical number, which I was successful at, but within the first 20 seconds of speaking, I fell apart.  The tears came, the spirit was strong and I said what I needed to say.  I had prepared a list of things I wanted to talk about, and they were all great things, but the spirit guided my thoughts and words in a different direction.  I do not remember one word of what I said, but I remember the sweet spirit I felt.  I felt love, comfort, joy, peace, desire to serve and so many more emotions.  I can't express how grateful I am for this gospel and the joy it brings me.  It is an incredible and wonderful feeling that I cannot wait to share with every single person I meet!!

Most of the gang, a lot left before the picture though!
Left to Right: Lenny M, Ally, M, Leanne L, Allison C, Janelle, Jeana S, Dennis M, Me, Grandma Barbe, Ashely, Samantha, Katie H, Paige S.

My Best Friend, Dennis.
2/3 of the Babesquad, Katie. Love her forever! 

She's been there from the beginning, Paige. 
Some of the greatest friends from Capo, Allison and Leanne.

These girls traveled from San Diego to hear me speak! Jeana and Janelle. 

After Church, Dennis, Ally, Lenny and I headed home because they had to get on the road back to Vegas.  We had a wonderful picnic lunch (Thank you Hallie), exchanged gifts, and said our goodbyes.  That was a difficult goodbye.  I love him so much and it will be tough to not see him for 1.5 years! We have practically been attached at the hip since January.  Serving the Lord is the greatest reason to be leaving though! As hard as goodbyes are, I was overcome with peace and joy knowing the decision I have made is the most correct for me at this point in my life.  I could not be more excited to go serve the people in Kentucky!!

I also spoke in my singles ward and it was an interesting talk also.  I was not nervous at all to speak.. I guess I wasted all of my nerves on the Mission Lake ward talk, but it was still a wonderful talk.  I got up there and delivered a similar talk to the one previous, but at the same time the spirit spoke to me and guided my thoughts and words.  It was a special time to share my love for everyone and everything and I know that the gospel of Jesus Christ is true! 

At 7pm that night, Leslie, my best friend, partner in crime, 1/3 of the babesquad was set apart as a full time Missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  It was incredible.  The spirit was so strong.  I was already an emotional wreck from the talks, saying goodbye and being on a spiritual high that I cried through the whole experience.  Leslie is an incredible person.  She is going to change the lives of so many people in Peru!! She has strengthened me so much and I am so grateful for her example.  I can't wait to hear about her Peruvian Adventures. The Blessing was so powerful and I know she will be safe and protected in Peru! I love you so much Hermana Goyzueta! 

The Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ is true.  It is here on the Earth today.  We have a living prophet who leads and guides us.  We have missionaries around the world preaching the gospel to all those who want to hear it.  If I didn't wholeheartedly believe this, I would not be leaving my family, friends, education, EVERYTHING, to go tell it to the world.  This is true.  The book is blue.  I cannot wait to get out there myself! 

XOXO,
Sister Hannah






No comments:

Post a Comment