Monday, March 2, 2015

I survived the first transfer!!!

This week was week 6.  The final week of my very first transfer!! I am pleased to tell you all that I survived my very first transfer as Sister Hannah!! It was a great transfer that consisted of a lot of chocolate, a couple baptisms and lots of growth.  Overall, it was a great transfer though!! Tomorrow I will be saying goodbye to Sister Heiner and getting a new companion. Crazy!! 

Highlights from this week: 
-I am sure you all saw the video of me on facebook... trying to shake the ping pong balls out of the tissue box.  That is how I started my week!! Sister Bryner had us test out minute to win it games and I enjoyed myself a little bit too much.  SIster HEiner ended up winning, but we all had a good laugh.  Worked off my dinner before I ate it. 
-We had a lot of incredible lessons this week!! One of them was in Sister Christensen's home by a fluke- we can't park on EKU cmpus- and it was an incredible lesson about the temple and the plan of salvation!! Katie, our investigator, is so solid and continues to let her testimony grow!!
-I had 'real' american chinese food!! More of what I am used to at least.  I don't know why I ever trusted Rexburg to have good chinese food.. .or the shady shack on main, but I finally got some decent chinese food.  Thank you so much Brother Minerich!! You made my day! :)
-We taught Kathy, Carmel and Angeline a lesson on the priesthood.  IT was INCREDIBLE.  We were able to bring Patriarch and Sister MArchant with us and it was SO POWERFUL to have Brother Marchant testify of the priesthood to them.  Many insights were gained and prayers were answered.  Angeline was given a blessing and in the blessing somethingwas said to the extent of 'your children are doing good.  They are well.'  Ruby, her daughter, had just recently passed away and the family was wondering if she was ok.  None of us (the missionaries or marchant's) knew of this conversation. Brother Marchant surely didn't know that they were struggling a lot.  The blessing was so sweet and tender.  The priesthood is real and the blessings are incredible!!!!!
-The next visit to Kathy's she taught us!! The lesson was absolutely INCREDIBLE!! HEr and Carmel did a wonderful job!! 
-CARMEL AND ANGELINE GOT BAPTIZED!!!!! Even though we didn't teach them officially, they are KAthy's family so we were involved in the baptism!! We are so excited for them and the step that they have taken on their eternal journey!! It begins here!! :) 


I LOVE RICHMOND.  I love being a missionary.  Some days I feel certain that I was born to be a missionary, other days I struggle.  The days where I struggle make the days that are good so much more glorious.  I love this work, it is real, it  is  incredible.

Always smile. 

stay rad, stay righteous!!

much love!!
Sister Hannah


pictures: Sister Heiner and I with our mustaches! 



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment