Monday, October 26, 2015

Fall is in SEASON!

This week was good. It was so good. We spent a large chunk of our time finding and ran into some interesting contacts and tracts. I love people. I love people so much. Everyone is so unique and individual. It is always interesting to see who we meet and what they are about! 

It also began to get chilly this week. I had to whip out the tights and pea coat... Uh oh. It was so weird to be back in the costs and jackets I came out in... It doesn't feel real. Seasons are so bizarre and foreign to me! But what is more weird is that summer is over. Fall is absolutely stunning though. The trees are gorgeous here! Winter is around the corner... Crazy how fast time flies! 

On Tuesday we had blitz! I was with the lovely sister Taylor again and we did some damage in and around town! This blitz was so much more laid back and not stressful. I didn't worry about it coming up to it and it proved to work out in our favor. No stress, no worries! Everything turned out fine. :) while we were tracting I accidentally opened someone's house door (it happens more often than you would think) and we saw some of the favorites, Sonia & Patsy and Billy! We had an incredibly powerful lesson with Cora about the restoration and the spirit was strong. We were all in tears by the end of it! The church is true and the book is blue! Blitz ended at the George's home with a wonderful dinner and gospel discussion. They are so wonderful! 

Wednesday was the highlight of my week. Two powerful testimony events happened. 1. Billy watched President Monson's priesthood session conference talk and LOVED IT! At the end of the talk (which is amazing by the way) he said "a few days ago you asked me if I believed he was a prophet and I said I did, but now I KNOW he is a prophet." Oh my goodness. You have no idea the feeling you get when the person you have been working with for months gains a testimony like that. I could not stop smiling and there were most definitely tears of joy running down my face! It was a moment I will never forget!

2.Sister Schultz and I went out finding. We knocked on a door and the man looks through the door after we rang the doorbell, smiles at us, disappears for a minute and then opens the door. He started with "I'm not interested." We engaged in a conversation of why and he wouldn't give any real reasons and then we asked him who he knew who could use a message about Jesus Christ. He then responded "I can't recommend the Book of Mormon to anyone." I jumped right in and asked "why, it is all about Jesus Christ!" Again, he had no real answer except "I just don't believe..." And so I began to ask him some questions. "Do you believe God is the same yesterday, today and forever?"

"Yes." He responded.

"Ok, then do you believe God had prophets in the Old Testament like Moses and Abraham?"

"Yes." He answered again.

"Do you believe we could have a prophet on the earth today?"

"No. No."

"So if God is the same, yesterday, today and forever, why would he not give us a prophet now?" 

I had solid eye contact with this man the entire time and it was at this point he was completely confounded. He literally had no words to say to us. He had no rebuke, no comments, no nothing. All he could say was "have a nice day," and closed the door on us after we bore powerful testimony. I could clearly and distinctly feel the spirit testify of the truth spoken and I know he felt it too. It was testimony strengthening!

We were able to teach the miracle people who fed us dinner a few weeks back, Tommy and Lee. Lee was reading her copy of the Book of Mormon when we showed up and had really good questions! They were both extremely receptive of the message and accepted to be baptized! The whole time Lee kept asking "how do we know? How do we know?" And we kept telling her "you have to pray! You can't take our word for it!" And honestly that is the only answer! We must pray to receive answers! We can't expect an answer without asking! (Matthew 7:7-8)

We received a lot of blessings this week through referrals and prepared people!

As we were headed to district meeting a guy hollered at us and said "y'all got an extra copy of that Book of Mormon?" Sister Schultz and I looked at each other and thought "what the Heck? No one ever asks us that!" We met chuck and he was interested! He had had a copy before but lost it in a fire! We were able to engage in conversation with him and he is a really solid potential investigator!

The branch had their annual chili cook Off! Guess who were the judges? Lucky sisters! Heck yes! :) I love chili! We have an a awesome branch who love their chili as well! A few of our members brought friends and they were sincerely interested! We made three solid contacts at the chili cook off and our investigators attended! Blessings! :)

On our way home for the night, just last night, we stopped a guy getting some music out of his car. He had never heard of the Book of Mormon or the church at all! We engaged in a discussion when his wife and kids came out. Sister Schultz ended up talking to him and I talked to the wife. They were both really open and receptive. They are completely prepared too! They have been through some trials and know that God is at the center of everything. We were able to set up a return appointment as well! These are our goldens and we are praying for them! Please remember the Franklin family in your prayers! They are going to get baptized! 

Today I finished the Book of Mormon again and it was the greatest blessing! I know that this is a true book and it comes directly from God! The main thing I got out of this time around was simply stated in 1 nephi chapt 2: 

20 And inasmuch as ye shall keep my commandments, ye shall prosper, and shall be led to a land of promise; yea, even a land which I have prepared for you; yea, a land which is choice above all other lands.

And concluded with Moroni 10: 

32 Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in nowise deny the power of God.

I know that as we need the counsel found in the Book of Mormon, we will be blessed! 

This work is so rewarding. After the trial of your faith comes the miracle. We have been finding and finding and finding new people to teach and we are starting to see the rewards! Finding can be hard sometimes, no one truly wants to go tracting all day (as much as I do love it, teaching the gospel is so much more fun!), but it is so worth it when you find the prepared and elect people to teach! I love this work deeply! The church is true, the book is blue! I know it with all my heart!


Much love from the GKLM,

Sister Hannah



Sister Schultz and I
Blitz
Fall Colors
Sister Dillon



No comments:

Post a Comment