Monday, October 19, 2015

This week was kinda slow, but I learned so much. It was a cleaning week. We went though all of our investigators and really evaluated their progression and commitment to the gospel. That left us with a few chosen children of God to work with! I am so grateful to still have some people to work with. There are people prepared and ready to accept the gospel here in Somerset. They are here, we have to find them!

Sister Schultz and I had an eye opening lesson with Billy this week! He told us he finally believes in the spirit world! After almost 4 months of teaching him, God gave him a direct-in-his-face-he-can't-deny-it answer! He has struggled believing in the spirit world. He didn't believe God would give people a second chance or call them back from hell. He previously believed that when you die, you go immediately to hell or heaven. He was reading Revelation 20:12-13, which states: "12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. 13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and
hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works." It was as he read this scripture that the spirit world finally clicked. "How can hell deliver up their dead if there isn't a spirit world?" He told us. "And it also said that every man will be judged." He finally allowed it all to click, he finally allowed God to show him! :) We will all die physically. We will go to the spirit world and we will wait their until we are resurrected. Once we are resurrected, we will ALL stand before the great white throne of judgement, not just the horrible people, but everyone, and be assigned a kingdom of glory. God loves all of his children so much that even the worst people on this earth will still receive some glory, even in the telestial kingdom. How merciful is he?  Billy was also caught up on the great white throne of judgement, and now it all makes sense. It all fits. He is going to get baptized!

The scripture in 2 nephi 28: 30 ("For behold, thus saith the Lord God: I will give unto the children of men line upon line, precept upon precept, here a little and there a little; and blessed are those who hearken unto my precepts, and lend an ear unto my counsel, for they shall learn wisdom; for unto him that receiveth I will give more; and from them that shall say, We have enough, from them shall be taken away even that which they have.") is true. Line upon line God gives us what we need, as we are ready to receive it! And Alma 37: 6 is true too! "...behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise." By the small and simple scripture in revelation, Billy was able to see the truth! God is good! Miracles are amazing!

We had the privilege to drive to Lexington for Zone conference on Thursday! It was a double zone conference with the Lexington north zone. We had tiwi installed in our cars. The man giving the presentation, brother Edwards, tried to make it sound so appealing and awesome but it is just not. Haha, so what tiwi is is a tracking system. It tracks seatbelts, speed and aggressive driving and then talks to you when you violate its set guidelines. It really isn't bad at all, except the logging in and logging out every single time you drive. That will be a hard habit to get into. So far, there haven't been bad at all!

We were trained by president brough and the zone leaders. We learned how to more effectively work with members to teach their friends and family. Members are so key. When members invite their friends to listen to the gospel message, they are fulfilling their baptismal covenant! When we are baptized we promise to stand as a witness of God at all times and in all things and in all places! We need to constantly be thinking about who we can share the gospel with! Not only to fulfill our covenant, but when we do invite our friends, they have an instant friend and connection at church and in the gospel. That makes everything so much easier! The investigators don't feel like they are being forced into friendships and the friendships usually last a lot longer then until they are baptized! I invite you
to please please please, pray about someone you know who is being prepared to receive the gospel and share their name with the missionaries! This is God's work and glory, "to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man!" (Moses 1:39). Man doesn't exclude anyone! This is a missionary church! Our work isn't done until the gospel is preached to every nation, kindred and tongue! We have the whole truth. We know we have the whole truth. There is nothing we need to back down on because this is the one and only true church of Jesus Christ on the earth.  (D&C 1:30, Alma 38:12) Share that! Every single person on earth is a child of our loving Heavenly Father and they chose to come to earth. They all need to return back to the Father and the truth of the matter is, if they are not baptized by someone holding the priesthood authority of God, they won't! Don't let any of our brothers and sisters slip through the cracks. Now is the
time. We are in the latter days. The Lord is hastening his work, doesn't that mean we should all have a sense of urgency? It is simple. Open your mouth, share what you know! Stay true to the covenants you made at baptism! I know this will bring many blessings into your lives, even bountiful blessings! I have seen it in my own life! I know God is there and I know he is real. I know He is deeply involved in the work of saving souls and He is preparing people everywhere!

Saturday and Sunday we saw miracles! We did a lot of finding and were able to help some people rake leaves. It still makes me laugh when we offer service in skirts and the people look at us like we are nuts. I can do anything in a skirt, ok? We ended up taking leaves for an hour and then making it to the area where we wanted to tract. We walked all day and it was wonderful! It is getting chilly! At the end of the night I had to go to the bathroom so bad but we were out tracting. I swear, every single door we knocked on was not home or they looked out the door at us and didn't answer. I was getting desperate. Finally, a sweet woman let us in, I was able to use the bathroom, and she ended up having her darter give us a ride home! It was awesome! We are going back over to her house this coming week too! On Sunday, it was just a blessed day. We woke up to frost on our windshield.... Uh oh! Winter is around the corner! (I don't know how I truly feel about seasons yet...) We had church and taught the Sunday school lesson with an hours notice. It went well. There was an investigator in the class who
said "I don't believe in the Mormon ways!" And kept going on and on... It was really awkward and we didn't know what to do, but the high counselor who was visiting saved us. That was a miracle. We then had a meeting with president Goleman. This man is inspired. I have so much respect for him. He is so deeply involved in the work and magnifies his calling. I know that he is in tune with the spirit and he does his very best to be on top of everything. He ended up giving us a referral and we are so excited about it! We finished the night trying some people and visiting with Cora! Sunday's are always an adventure. This branch is really incredible. I love it so much. I will definitely be back in Somerset at some point in my life!

Serving a mission is a once in eternity chance. Never again will I have the opportunity to serve here, in this capacity, as a single full time sister. This is my chance! This is it, only these 18 short months! I am so beyond grateful to have that opportunity and privilege. It has changed and shaped my life forever!
I know this gospel is true. I know that this is the only and only true church on the face of the earth. I know that Jesus Christ is my savior and redeemer! I love being in this work! :)

Much love from the GKLM,
Sister Hannah

Sent from my iPad

Pictures:
This past weekend marked one year of being endowed! I cannot believe it has been one year! It has been the greatest and hardest year if my life, but I would take none of it back. I know the experiences I have gone through have shaped me to become the person I am today and have helped me become more like my Savior. I cannot wait to return to the temple again!

No comments:

Post a Comment