Monday, January 25, 2016

C'est Vrai

This week in the life of #Resannah: (the things we come up with as we
are stuck inside for hours on end p, bored out of our minds!)

- we had dinner and FHE with the burton family. It was incredibly
powerful. They are converts of a little over a year. The gospel is the
light of their lives. I can totally see how the gospel has changed
their lives! As soon as sister burton opened her mouth to start the
lesson the spirit filled the room! We heard an amazing lesson on
missionary work and then role played door approaches withe the kids!
It was such a blessing!

- Monday we got a call from elder Bailey saying we needed to get new
tires on our car. By the time we got to the tire shop it had already
closed. So we go about our day on Tuesday and we tried some people,
saw a less active and then missed a turn on our way to try another
potential investigator. We were about to turn around when I realized
the street we were turning down was the street that the tire place was
on. We proceeded to get an estimate, talk with the tire guy who lives
by some of our members and walk out. As we walked out, the woman
sitting in the waiting area stopped us and said "are you the Mormon
sisters?" We told her we were and she said "I am a baptized member. I
just don't go." That stopped us dead in our tracks. We asked her who
she was and where she lived and she did indeed live in our area. We
sat down with her and talked for a while. She confided is us how she
wanted to strengthen her faith and build her relationship with God
again. She told us she wanted to come back! It was so cool! I know
that we were placed there at that specific time to meet sister Poe!

- Wednesday I successfully drove 60 miles in a snowstorm. We travelled
to Owingsville for district meeting and a worldwide missionary
broadcast. I am so grateful for a companion from Idaho. She was a
great coach! We survived! The broadcast was uplifting and edifying. I
learned so much about repentance and what we should be teaching as
missionaries. Some things I liked were "speak of Him. Speak of His
doctrine. He will speak of you to the father." Neil A. Anderson "The
restoration is a fact." Whitney L. Clayton "We offer somethings more.
We offer exaltation." Dallin H. Oaks.

- The snow stopped, I put my snow boots on and we somehow got shovels.
Thank you Omohundro family! I am so grateful for snow boots too. They
have been my life the last week! We were shoveling some driveways of
our less active members and saw a woman outside trying to dig her car
out. We went to help her and started a conversation about the gospel.
She didn't believe in Jesus, but did believe hallucinogens. She asked
us "have you ever tried any hallucinogens?" No. No lady. It was
hilarious. We definitely got a good laugh out of that conversation!

- We got a foot of snow! It was awesome! I forget that snow is just
frozen water. #californiaproblems I keep wondering how I get so wet...
We spent the day with the wonderful Wheeler family! We colored (did
you know they have adult coloring pages?), talked deep doctrine and
ate fresh homemade bread. It was a cozy, blessed day! We watched the
snow fall from a warm couch! The next day we were literally snowed in.
We couldn't get our car out and the roads were not plowed. Bishop
smith called us at 1:30pm and asked us if we were able to get out.
When we told him no, he said he would be there in 5 minutes. No more
than two minutes later he and his crew showed us and shoveled our
driveway and our neighbors in 5 minutes. Honestly it was the nicest
thing anyone has ever done for me! I am serving in the most wonderful
Ward! These members are so consecrated and Giving!

- On Sunday in relief society we were challenged to Write our
testimony in six words or less. It was hard to limit my testimony to
that but I came up with two possibilities. "C'est Vrai" (it's true, in
french) and "I know my Redeemer lives." c'est Vrai has been our line
all transfer. Thank you Matt omohundro. The rm in our Ward from
France.

- Sister r Resendez lost her tag this week at some point on Wednesday
and it was gone. It was in the snow somewhere and we weren't finding
it. We searched through some snow, checked some other places and no
luck. As we were pulling out to go to someone's house I looked in her
seat and the tag was sitting right there, perfectly perched and the
pin was closed...I know that it wasn't there before and that it was a
miracle that we found it! Thank you angels around us, lifting us up
and helping us out! I don't think I have ever seen so much joy on
sister Resendez' face!

- I suck at dodgeball. We played a game after a lesson with the Johns
family. We had to answer a baptismal interview question to get back
into the game and guess who ended up answering all the questions? Me!
Haha I could not dodge the balls for my life. I will blame it on my
snow boots. :) but it was so fun and the boys learned a lot about
dodging sin and repenting!
Dont forget: "I don't have time" is an excuse for poor prioritizing.
Everyday we live brings us a day closer to the second coming of Jesus
Christ! :)

Some funny quotes from this week:
In gospel doctrine, Matt drawing the tree of life:
"this is the dark and dreary wilderness!" *it was awful*
"You need to throw a DDW underneath it!!" -Leslie Omo

At the Walters house for dinner. Brother Walters to his daughter, Ashtyn:
"Just because you want to look up people's dresses doesn't mean you
should!" -brother Walters

Isaiah johns after the law of chastity lesson:
"I'm not going to get married because they tell too much! -Isaiah johns

Teaching the johns boys repentance:
Me: "what does d stand for?"
Sister johns to Colton: "Don't do it again."
Colton: "Don't do what again?"

I love this work so much. It is the life! I know my redeemer lives!
So much love from the GKLM,
Sister Hannah


Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment