Monday, January 11, 2016

What's this white stuff?

This week was INSANE. Sister Resendez and I had a total of 2 days to
proselyte together. It was NUTS!!

On Tuesday we were able to attend MLC (mission leadership counsel) at
President and Sister Brough's house. It was so special! I literally
have not been there in a year... we were trained on the atonement and
repentance. It was powerful! I realized that sincere and specific
repentance is how I can access and apply the atonement in my life!
President also told us we would no longer be having a transfer meeting
and it was a little shocking, but totally fine. It is a wonderful
feeling to be obedient and I know that this is what needs to happen!
We spent all day in the meeting and then did some shopping in
Louisville after. I am taking full advantage of being closer to the
city now!

On Friday we had Zone Conference and it was so fun and spiritually
uplifting. There is something about being surrounded by missionaries
that boosts me every time! I love being with people who are engaged in
the same work I am in! We had the same training from MLC, repentance
and atonement. It was even more powerful the second time! After The
meeting we went on exchanges with the LEX SUR Hermanas. I learned how
to pray in Spanish!! It was so cool! I was in Lexington for the day
with Hermana Rees who I came to the field with! A year later and we
are so different from the day we met! It was so fun to be in the
Spanish work. I didn't understand a drop of what was going on, but the
spirit made up for everything. I felt the spirit so powerfully as
Hermana Rees testified of the truth!

This weekend, BROTHER WALTERS WAS BAPTIZED!! It was a long time
coming. He is from a part member, returning member family! He is so
prepared. All week he was texting us saying how excited he was and on
Sunday we was able to enter into the waters of baptism and make sacred
promises with our Father in Heaven! It was so special! I am so excited
for him and his family to be able to be sealed! :)

We had two really amazing lessons this week! The first was a follow up
with a woman named Marisha. She was so open and let us right in. Her
kids were crazy during the lesson, but she told us at the end that she
already had a book of Mormon and would be baptized. She met with
elders a few years ago in Lexington! The spirit testified to her
throughout the lesson that this is true! It is still incredible to me
to watch that happen in someone else!

The second lesson was with a couple who at first the woman was
extremely reluctant, but was softened as we taught. (Sidenote, sister
R has an ear infection, so she can't hear very well at all.) The whole
time, the man was extremely open and receptive to our message, but she
was closed off. As the lesson progressed, she started to open up and
began to listen. The spirit totally softened her heart as she sat
there and heard the truth! At the end, she too told us she was going
to read the book of Mormon. Our claim of this being the one and only
true church really was intriguing to her. There were so many
instances in this lesson where sister R couldn't hear what was being
said, but the spirit filled her mouth and mine with the exact words
that needed to be said! I love lessons like that! :)

anyway! It was an exciting week! I will attach some pictures.

IT WAS FREEZING THIS WEEK, and it snowed! THE FIRST SNOW! I didn't
really know what to do! #Californiaprobs

much love from the freezing GKLM,
Sister Hannah

me and my girls after MLC
BROTHER WALTERS BAPTISM!!!
white stuff?

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment