Monday, January 4, 2016

"What is your why" for 2016?

Nothing starts the year off right except the craziest week, ever! This
week we had two exchanges and 1/2 a day non proselyting. We were
booked up solid it felt like.

Tuesday on exchanges, I was with sister Lloyd! She is amazing! We
taught a lady who said she already believed in the Book of Mormon
because her dad was a Mormon. What? How cool! She wouldn't set a bap
date, but we are working on her! Sister Lloyd and I had a blast in
Winchester tearing it up and talking with everyone! We taught sister
lynch the gospel of Jesus Christ and she had a few other questions
about tithing. I learned so much from sister Lloyd! She is so
energetic and loving; she makes sure everyone knows that they are
loved! We also taught Maria Flores at her brothers house and it was a
decently good lesson. Sister Lloyd and I stayed up late talking, she
just needs someone to talk to! I seriously love this girl so much! She
is awesome!

Wednesday we had DLCC and it was powerful. The zone leaders are
inspired. They pretty much tried to discern why our zone is lacking.
We were planning on talking about charity, but ended up talking about
faith and how we all need to increase our faith! Some people cancelled
on sister Lloyd and I and then we wrapped up the exchange and
exchanged back. I got my good ol companion back! I love getting sister
Resendez back after an exchange! We work so well together and I miss
her in the work in Winchester! That night we found and taught
Jacqueline, a referral and ate dinner at the wheelers! They are the
kindest people. They fed us delicious soup and made sure we have
everything we need. They also live .3 miles from us! Score! She is the
woman who did our laundry for us last week! Love them!

Thursday! New Year's Eve! We started out at district meeting and I
realized that all of the new elders are scared of me because I am so
bold? I guess? We did a role play in front of the entire district,
just one person at a time and the newbys were nervous to have me be
the person behind the door.... So I was matched up with the senior
couple husband. He did pretty well! We also taught chayanne today, a
17 year old and we also taut the johns!!!! They are the less active
family who wanted us to come over and teach and baptize their boys! We
taught them a powerful restoration lesson with Matt (a recent rm) and
the two youngest boys committed to a baptismal date! Please pray that
they will be baptized! :) they are so awesome! That night, Matt texted
us and said "do you have somewhere to eat tonight?" And we didn't so I
said no and he said back "I hope you find somewhere." This is our
relationship with Matt. He proceeded to invite us over. Yay for nye!
He is an omohundro, who we did Christmas with! We spent the evening
there determining our love languages and laughing our butts off.
That's what happens when you put 5 20 year olds together! I love that
family!

Friday! We exchanged some other sisters, and I was with sister Hinton!
We went to their district meeting and then out to eat! The zone
leaders then pulled us aside after and trained us on the atonement,
these guys are inspired. They received revelation that the
missionaries are not using the redeeming and enabling power of the
atonement. Now we are able to attack the lack of faith from the deeper
concern! We get to ask all of our sisters and ourselves, "what Is your
why?" Ponder it. There are so many answers!

We met some super awesome people and I learned so much from SIster
Hinton, she is so humble! I need to be more humble! We met this guy
who has been investigating forever and I challenged him to read the
first four chapters of the Book of Mormon and pray, that night! He
said he would! We also had a really cool experience with Nate and
Austin, two guys we met on the side of the street! We shared the
restoration with them and they said it was the greatest message they
had ever heard. We pretty much did a mini resto lesson on the side of
the street right there and they said we could come back and that they
would be at church. We didn't even invite them to church at that
point, but they said they would be there. It was pretty cool! The
spirit was so strong!

Anyway, this week was craziness. Crazy good, crazy stressed, crazy
everything. It was a good week! I am grateful to be in Winchester and
I am grateful for the members who love me! It was so nice to walk into
church and get a bunch of hugs! I am so blessed here! I love it!

From the relief society lesson at church on Sunday: read the talk from
jan2010 liahona, the best is yet to be! It puts a whole new
perspective on New Years resolutions! Every day is a new day!

So much love from the GKLM,
Sister Hannah

Pictures are on the blog or Facebook!

Sistermadelinehannah.blogspot.com

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment