Monday, April 4, 2016

Welcome to Louavul!

This week was wild and crazy, up and down, whirlwind.
It started at the sisters conference! All of the GKLM sisters gathered
and we were spiritually fed and uplifted. We were trained on patience,
faith, prayers, knowledge and sister holt and I trained on obedience.
It was a wonderful day of learning and catching up with all of my
favorite sisters! It was so awesome to run into haley Brennan, from
the Santa margarita stake! I also saw all of my favorite companions!
Sister Resendez, schultz, jones and Starkey! I love these girls with
all my heart!

I was able to go on exchange with sweet sister johns this week too! I
went to Shepherdsville. It is just what I am used to. Smaller town
vibe, country side. I love Kentucky. Sister johns is an incredible
consecrated servant of the Lord! We had a blast as we hit the pavement
running! It was a nice change of pace from Louisville. I am beginning
to love this city a lot though. Sister johns and I were able to see a
wonderful Miracle on exchange too! We were out tracting and stopped to
talk to a guy. We ended up teaching him the message of the restoration
in his driveway. He accepted a baptismal date and said he would come
to church! He was so prepared! I look forward to seeing how he
progresses!

We had a miracle referral this week from the new Albany zone leaders.
A woman stopped them outside the library and invited them over for
dinner, but she is in our area. We called her, played phone tag, and
set up a time. When we arrived to sister Robisons house she had a
completely organic and natural meal for us and the first thing out of
her mouth was "sisters, I want to go the celestial kingdom." She had
previous contact with missionaries in the 90's and an elder told her
she was going telestial. She proceeded to watch all four sessions of
conference and wouldn't accept a baptismal date until she prayed. I am
so excited for her, she seems very promising!

General conference ended our week. It was beautiful. I love hearing
the prophet and apostles speak to us. I learned a lot about my true
identity as a child of God and how much love God has for all of His
children. We truly are his children! We were able to have sister
Hutcherson (a recent convert) and her daughter, Heather, watch it with
us at sister Pearce's home. After, Heather was asking all about
temples and what they are and why we have them. Sister Pearce bore
powerful testimony and Heather was hooked. All she wants is to be able
to go inside. The temple motivates people to be worthy and love a good
life. I know that as we all strive to be temple worthy, the Lord will
pour out blessings upon us!

To top off this week, we had a return appointment with a guy and he
wasn't there at first. While we were talking to everyone in his
complex, he showed up. So we go over to teach him and his fiancé is
there and she joins us and then two random people just walk up and
start to listen.

I love this crazy field of work! There is never a dull moment. I love
this gospel, I know it is true with all of my heart. Jesus Christ is
the cornerstone. He is our rock and foundation.

Much love,
Sister Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment