Monday, May 18, 2015

Baptism Week

This week was long and hard, but I will gladly take a hit from satan so that my investigators make it to baptism!! We did a ton of tracting this week (knocking on doors) and it proved to be the least bit effective.  Awful actually.  People were downright RUDE and for the first time in my mission life I actually had a door slammed in my face.  SOLID. I can check that one off the list, hahaha! I tell myself when we turn around and walk away from their house "see ya in the telestial." Probably not the most appropraite thing to sday, but it makes me feel alittle bit better that they rejected the greatest thing that could ever happen to them.  

We performed a ton of service this week too.  It was awesome! I love doing service! I was pondering service this week while at home and I realized I love to do service to see the smile on someone else's face.  It is not to receive that recognition from the world, but to lighten someones burden and to help someone feel loved. If I am performing service to be recognized by the world, I am doing it for the complete wrong reasons! The spirit testified of the truthfulness of Christ's teaching about this too.  (Matthew 6:4) One of the service opportunities was helping a nonmember plant some flowers and lay mulch.  After, her nephew was kind enough to take us out to lunch.  We were able to bear our testimony about the Book of Mormon and also gave him a copy! It was so rewarding! 

We had Zone meeting this week as well.  It is so great to be in the presence of missionaries for a day! I love the Lexington Zone and the Richmond District! Missionaries have such a powerful spirit around them! I never want to leave the strong spirit but I know that others need to feel this spirit as well! Get back out and apply the trainings! 

The highlight of this week was Blake's baptism, confirmation and priesthood ordination!!! YES, all three in two days.  The baptism was so special.  We had fabulous speakers, a special musical number and the spirit was undeniable.  Blake's parents were there and you could clearly tell they felt the strong spirit! It was so powerful to see him go into the waters of baptism with Bishop and make those covenants with Heavenly Father! His confirmation was also incredible.  Seeing Blake receive the gift of the Holy Ghost was something I have been waiting for since we met him and knew he would be baptized.  He has been ready for this since March 25, 2015! After sacrament, Blake was given the Aaronic Priesthood.  This was by far the most rewarding part of Blake's conversion.  Not only is he a member of the church now, but he is a worthy priesthood holder.  He is going to bless the lives of so many!! It was such a powerful experience to be in the office while he was ordained a priest.  I am so grateful to my Father in Heaven for giving me the opportunity to teach Blake and be a part of his conversion.  In reality, I did nothing, the spirit did everything.  Blake was and is the golden investigator.  He was prepared and ready to hear the gospel! He is truly going to take off and fly now! We are going to miss him dearly! (He is going home for the summer, darn EKU!) 

The promise in the Doctrine and Covenants is TRUE.  (Section 18) 
 15 And if it so be that you should labor all your days incrying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it beone soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him inthe kingdom of my Father!

 16 And now, if your joy will be great with one soul thatyou have brought unto me into the kingdom of my Father,how great will be your joy if you should bring many soulsunto me!

My JOY is full.  I am eternally grateful for my calling.  I know that I am meant to be here in Kentucky, to be here in Richmond, to find Blake.  I know that there are more people Heavenly Father is preparing for me.  The spirit testifies this to me.  The church is true, the Book of Blue.  It is as simple as that! I know that God lives and loves each of His children individually!


I love y'all so much!!
stay rad
stay righteous
Have the greatest week! 

much love from the GKLM, 
Sister Hannah 

No comments:

Post a Comment