Monday, December 7, 2015

Another week is already gone? I don't know how this keeps happening! It is beginning to look like Christmas in downtown Somerset! They out a huge tree up and decorated all the light poles. It is beautiful! And no snow, but a some chilly weather! I keep telling myself, you have already done a winter here, you can do it again! I have to pump myself up! I don't know what 'cold' is! Haha California problems! 

This week was a spectacular week! We saw some miracle every day and were able to travel to Lexington twice! I saw sister jones and my Richmond buddies at stake conference! It was awesome! :) sometimes I miss Richmond too much, like when I see all of my favorite people from there! It brings all of those precious memories flooding back! I will be back, no doubt! 

Highlights of my week:

stake conference! Elder Kopischke of the seventy came to Lexington and trained us on counsels and eternal families! It was spirit filled and inspiring! Here are some of my insights! 

  • There is always room for to faith to grow
  • Faith is to stay firm I things hoped for and to be convinced of what you can't see. Be convinced that your worthy goals will come to pass!
  • We cannot multiply our time, we can only balance our time. 
  • The scriptures make us legit, sound, grounded and backed. They are the teachings.
  • Happiness is in visions we have for ourselves (psalms 29:18)
  • Heavenly Father isn't impressed with goals that are set high. He is impressed with achievable goals set. 
  • "It is a miracle that we have this great book!" (Sister Madeline Mele, referring to the Book of Mormon.)
  • The blessings of the temple are everything.
  • The temple is about building, binding and becoming. 
  • The temple helps us become comfortable in God's presence.
  • Jesus Christ is the son of God. Joseph smith is the prophet of the restoration. We know all we know about Christ and in the details we know it because of Joseph smith. He asked. Asking is something we do when we want to know. 
  • No reformer had an experience like Joseph smith. All of the prophets of old had visions and even in the New Testament, when God revealed something. Why would he break the pattern? Revealing in visions is apart of the pattern! How could it happen, the restoration, in any other way?
  • The mercy of God is that he has sent prophets. We must choose to follow them. We must choose to listen to them.
  • Clarity is of God.
  • The central doctrine is eternal families.
  • The Lord is serious about His promises! 

Zone meeting!

I love this zone so Much! I cannot believe it has been 10 months in this zone. What is life? That is insane! But I know I won't be here much longer! At the meeting we had incredible trainings on the importance of the Book of Mormon and how precious it is! It is a miracle that we even have the Book of Mormon! Let us read it, love it and adore it! I was also able to see sister jones! I love this girl so much! We finally are in the same zone after six months! It was a party! Reunited! 

Finding the elect! 

Last night we were out finding and we met two people who are incredibly prepared! We were trying a potential, Chelsea, and she wasn't home. We were walking away when a man came out of her house and called us back. We engaged a gospel discussion and he expressed to us that he wishes there was one church that was all unified. He went on and on to say that he hates how there are a million different baptist and Pentecostal churches and he just needs a unified church. I think I smiled from ear to ear and let my jaw hit the floor a little bit. These tender mercies aren't rare, but they never cease to amaze me! My sweet companion bore powerful testimony of the apostasy and restoration. We gave him a copy of the Book of Mormon and he said, "I will be contacting you." I love prepared people! There are so many out there too! 

Hearken to it and do it! 

Sometimes it is really hard to just take the first step and get out of the apartment. Heavenly Father always provides though! We received many promptings and blessings from following those promptings this week as we picked up new investigators and taught by the spirit! We got in the car one day and had no set plans. We had some people to try, but we both felt strongly to go to another area. When we pulled into the area, the Lexington hermanas called us about a question for our Spanish investigator, Estrella. They had lost some information and we had no idea because we don't speak any Spanish, at all! We happened to be on Estrella's street and she was standing outside! Because we followed the prompting, we were able to get in contact with her again! It just goes to show that Heavenly Father is aware of even the smallest details and he never wants to lose any of his children, not even one soul! Every soul is precious to Heavenly Father! 

Miracle story time: 

Debbie

    Saturday, after an inspired stake conference, we received a head quarters referral! It was exactly what we needed! We went and tried this woman, Debbie, and she was home! When she let us in she started to cry! She then muttered "my daughter said someone would come." It was a huge blessing and the absolute perfect timing. (You see the thing is, her daughter lives in Montana and told her LDS friend about her mom and the friend sent us...it is amazing how God plays a huge hand in the tiny details of our lives!) Debbie is going through an extremely hard time and isn't feeling the love of her fellow men, who are supposed to be Christians! We sat and listened to her heart wrenching story and testified of the truth, promised blessings and invited her to worship with us on Sunday. She was eager to come with us. She felt the love of her savior through us, and I could especially feel the love the savior had for her as I testified of the atonement. When sister Schultz promised her blessings, the spirit was undeniable! (I have an amazing companion!) We were blessed to get a ride from the wonderful Working family and Debbie made it! We had missed her at the spot we decided to meet and she called us 20 minutes later asking if we were still in town. Luckily, we were and she was able to come to Lexington with us! Nothing short of a miracle! The timing was perfect. She had forgotten her phone and was running late, ran home to get her phone and when she called us, we had just barley left city limits. When we got to Lexington, Elder Kopischke, of the seventy, came right up to her and introduced himself and welcomed her. It was incredible! I could feel the love from him to her and I know it was a tender mercy from the Lord that elder K felt inspired to introduce himself to her! The conference was filled with the spirit and all the speakers bore powerful testimony of the restoration and the Book of Mormon! We are so excited to teach Debbie and help her receive the gospel in its fullness! I know that God is aware of each of our individual needs and places people in our path to help us! 

I love this gospel so much. I know it is true and that we have the fullness. The more I learn and grow and see other churches I recognize that all of the pieces are here. We have eternal families, we have the fullness of the atonement and knowledge of the plan of salvation! Don't ever take it for granted! Read the Book of Mormon, the miracle! It will change your life! :) 

Have a blessed week! 

Much love from the GKLM!

Sister Hannah

pictures:
The wrights!
Sister Jones!

from the Blog


No comments:

Post a Comment