Monday, December 28, 2015

Christmas Week


Sent from my iPad

This week started off with a nice basketball to the face. It really
cleared my sinuses. We had a basketball p-day with a bunch of people
from the Ward! It was a great turn out and even helped us get into a
home! The John family came! we have been trying to get them for weeks!
They have been a focus family for months and they are finally opening
back up! Basketball really helped! We decided to drop by and give them
some Christmas cookies. We just missed the wife, but we chatted with
the husband for some time. As we were about to leave, sister John
pulled up! We had already walked away from the door and brother John
had gone inside! We said hello and goodbye and then went to leave.
Sister John came running back out and started to talk to sister
Resendez. I was driving and had parked to where I needed to be backed.
Sister John started to talk to sister r and said that she wants us to
come back to teach her kids! Her husband had been texting her and
reminding her while she was talking to us but she didn't see the
messages until she got inside! It was a miracle! We are looking
forward to teaching their boys about the restored gospel!

On Tuesday we went on exchanges! I stayed in Winchester with hermAna
Bateman. It was an incredible day! Everything seemed to fall through
but as we started to talk with one person, people, started to come out
the woodworks. We had a million people to talk to! It was so cool! The
night went on and we had some set appointments that went through which
was nice and I slept so well! It was a long day! I aM so grateful for
my companion and I was so grateful to get her back!

Christmas was wonderful! We spent the day with the Omohundro's! We had
Christmas breakfast, I was able to talk to my family and then we
played games with their family! We also stopped by the Mork family's
house! The members here are absolutely incredible! I love this Ward!

Some funny quotes from church this week!
"Why do we honor and obey the law?"
Brother Walters: "You can't go to church if you're in jail."
Telling brother Walters about our tiwi unit and aggressive driving marks:
Brother Walters: Aggressive driving? "count to ten".

Other than that, this week was pretty slow! We are weeding through a
lot of our investigators and trying to work through our members more!
I love this work, I love this Ward and I know that the gospel is true!
Happy new year!

Much love from Kentucky,
Sister Hannah

Here is me and my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment