Monday, December 14, 2015

Ten days shy of seven months,


So I am just going to say it seven months and call it good!

This week was slow! It was transfers week and the anticipation leading up to Saturday was long!
I hate transfer calls!  They are so bittersweet.  I have an amazing companion though! She held in there with me all week. It was every five minutes "what do you really think is going to happen on Saturday?" Five minutes later "well what if this happens?" Haha patience, still working on it.

We had an incredible member present lesson with Jennifer! Sister Working accompanied us and bore powerful testimony on faith and repentance! We discussed the gospel of Jesus Christ and the spirit was so strong! Jennifer had some awesome insights! At one point I asked the question "why do you think God puts promises with being baptized?" And then I thought to myself "I don't even think I know the answer to that...that is a random question" And then I looked at sister Schultz and I could tell she had the same thought... But I had already asked the question. Jennifer had the most profound answer, that I don't remember, but it was something to the extent of Heavenly Father wants
us to back up our faith. Clearly not my question asked, but the spirit! Jennifer understood it and that was what she needed to be asked. Jennifer told us that the doctrine is starting to click and all
come together! We are so excited for her! She plans on getting baptized in January! :)

Thursday was disappointing because every single person and appointment cancelled on us or was rude. It is those days that strengthen my testimony the most because I feel so much love from Heavenly Father. He keeps pushing me and helping me to get through the day. Dinner with
the Goleman's was a tender mercy! On Friday we had our last district meeting of the transfer and district lunch! It was a blast! The more I get to know these wonderful missionaries the more I realized how blessed I am to serve with them! They are fantastic! I am going to miss this district so much! On Saturday morning it was a whirlwind. I wasn't sure what was going to happen but I figured we would be getting a call. (I have been here for more than 6months!) As we were finishing up companionship study, sister Schultz was on the phone texting an investigator and then her faced dropped. She looks at me and says "it's president..." Hahaha it was priceless. I am getting transferred! I am headed to Winchester, KY! (My new companion, sister Resendez, also served here in Somerset! It is going to be a blast!) It is so bittersweet to be leaving somerset! These people truly are my family! I have come to love this little branch of mine so much! I will definitely be back!

Sunday was so nuts! Church was powerful as we listened to the testimonies of brother and sister syphax. They are incredible. The love and generosity that flows from them is unreal. I am going to miss them dearly! They brought the spirit and set the tone for the meeting! Sister Peterson rocked her lesson in rs too! It was all about stakes and how important they are. It was a hard lesson to teach and she nailed it! I don't know how she does it, but she is awesome! After church I ran around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to say goodbye to my family and get pictures with everyone. Hello transfers. I forgot what this was like. It is easier in a branch because there are only a few families you have to say goodbye too! I am seriously going to miss this place. It is my home, these are my people.

I am grateful for the time I have been blessed to spend in Somerset and I know that I was meant to be here for this period of time! I have seen many miracles and tender mercies! Some things that I have learned here: baptists and crazy, I love the country and the church is true no matter where you're at and who tells you otherwise! Here's to Winchester for the next couple of months!

The church is true; the book is blue!

So much love from Somerset!
Sister Hannah

Pictures:
Working Family
The District


Ps/ I found this awesome talk by Peter Vidmar this week, the one who
used to live in the SM stake! It is a really good talk too!
Pursing Excellence

Sent from my iPad


No comments:

Post a Comment